Read the latest in Beauty News from our professional therapists at Complete Skin & Beauty.
What is your favourite way to do your eyelashes? There are many different options including curling them
with a lash curler, a simple sweep of mascara, eyelash extensions, stick on lashes or a lash lift and tint. Of these, it's hard to go
past the Lash Lift & Tint. In our opinion, Lash Lifts are the easiest option for daily life. It does it all! Curls, lifts and
gives the appearance of longer, darker eyelashes without causing harm to your natural lashes. I am here to tell you more about Lash Lifts
and to embrace your natural lashes!
What is a Lash Lift?
An Eyelash Lift is a semi-permanent treatment that defines, curls and enhances your natural lashes for up to 6-8 weeks. Lash lifts are suitable for any length of lashes, using a gentle chemical solution that is applied to the root of your lashes, it creates a subtle lifting/curl that opens your eyes giving the appearance of longer lashes.
How is a Lash Lift Performed?
1. To begin, your therapist will ask what type of lift result you would like to achieve. Taking this into consideration and the size of your natural lashes, they will then determine the best size rod/shield to be used in the treatment for best results.
2. A lash pad will be applied to cover your bottom lashes as we only treat the top lashes during the lifting
3. A silicone lash rod or shield will be attached to your eyelid with a water-based adhesive glue. We will then slowly stick your natural lashes back onto the rod/shield with the same glue, separating them evenly for perfect lifting.
4. The first lifting solution will be applied to the base of the lashes and left to develop for 5-8 minutes, depending on your lashes. The solution will be removed and a setting solution will be applied for the same 5-8 minutes, again, depending on your lashes.
5. Once the development time is up, we will dissolve the glue and release your natural lashes from the rod/shield and remove the lash pad from the bottom lashes.
6. We will now tint your lashes, leaving the lash tint on for 3-5 minutes. This will give the effect of longer lashes as it gives colour to your lash tips which are often lighter in colour. Once complete, a nourishing serum will be applied.
Pre Treatment Advice:
Post Treatment Advice:
Things to Consider:
Depending on your natural lash cycle will depend on how long your lashes stay lifted, for example, if you have a quick lash turnover the lift could lash for 4-6 weeks as opposed to 6-8 weeks.
We can lift any length of lashes but if you have very short, thin lashes we may suggest using a lash growth serum for a couple of months so we can get the best outcome and to avoid disappointment.
Lash lifts do not add length or thickness to your natural lashes so the thicker and longer your natural lashes are the “better lift” you may receive. We can treat short lashes, but we like to maintain expectations regarding the outcome.
Do Lash Lifts cause damage? No, if they are done properly by a professional beauty therapist this will not cause damage to your lashes.
Lash lifts are the most popular way to do your lashes of recent and there is a reason for it! If you’ve always wanted to try this treatment, this is your sign to book one in! Speak to your therapist when you are in salon next and see if this is something that could benefit you.
Tegan has been in the beauty industry for 6 years and has recently enrolled to do her graduate diploma of dermal science. She has a passion for all things advanced skin and eyelash extensions. Her goal is to educate her clients on their skin whilst helping them achieve their skin goals, so when they leave the salon you can see the confidence radiating off them. When she isn't in the salon she is either travelling with her partner or hanging out with friends and family.
Complete Skin & BeautyBendigo